All Asia Region customers please contact
Impact Marketing to place an order.
Wood Candle Wick is looking for International representation. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us using our contact form
Features & Benefits of using our Wood Candle Wick.
- Our wooden wick has a fast burn pool formation for excellent hot throw.
- Wooden wick allows for quick and easy lighting
- No smoking during burn cycle (When wooden wick sized properly.)
- Little to no afterglow
- Wooden candle wick for use in all fuels; Paraffin, Soy, Mottling, Palm, Gel
- Wooden wick works in containers, pillars, votives.
- Width sizes of wooden wicks range from 1/4" to 1" in 1/8" increments.
- Lengths custom in 1/8" increments.
- Requires no trimming
- No mushrooming or carbon buildup with little debris.
- All rigid. No straightening of wick required.
- One sustainer clip fits all wooden wicks.
- Substantial flat area at bottom of clip for gluing.
- Clip keeps flame at safety height above candle bottom.
- Less overheating at end of life with wood candle wick clip.
- Wick creates soft crackling sound when burning.
- Wood candle wick grown and manufactured in the USA.
- Fast order turnaround.
- Custom wood wick optimization in our lab.
Wood Candle Wick FAQ / Troubleshooting
- Question: How long will it take to ship my product?
Answer: Your choice of UPS service. Ground, 3 day, 2 day or overnight.
- Question: Are there quantity discounts?
Answer: Yes, we give price breaks when you order in quantities of 100ea, 500ea. and 1000ea. Select your width and length for any of our wicks to see the pack pricing and the quantity discounts for each pack.
- Question: Will these wood wicks work in all types of candle fuels?
Answer: We have tested our wood wicks in all candle fuels and when properly optimized/sized through testing we have found them to work well. Some hard to burn waxes may require adding our BarnWick Non Crackle wick to help increase the burn.
- Question: What materials are these wood wicks made from?
Answer:Unfortunately the material of our wood candle wick is proprietary information that is protected under US copyright rules.
- Question: Do these wood wicks crackle when burning?
Answer: The amount of crackle from our wood candle wick depends on the wax blend including scent load and any other additives used in the candle blend. We have a medium and premium crackle wick to best fit your level of wick crackling.
- Question:What Size Wick Should I use?
Answer: Refer to our wood candle wick sizing chart on the website. These suggestions are only there as a reference. Your candle blend may require a larger or smaller width wick.
- Question: What is the difference between a medium crackle and premium crackle wooden wick?
Answer: The medium crackle wooden wick is .020 thick and the premium crackle wooden wick is .030 thick.
- Question: How does the wick create a crackling sound when burning?
Answer: The cracking sounds you hear are a result of many factors which all contribute to the level of crackle found in your wooden wicked candle product. The crackle comes from any of the chemical compounds present in your candle blend reaching their respective flashpoints. These may include and are not limited to the moisture present in the wooden wick, wax, fragrance, color and any other additives you may have present in your candle blend. Each candle blend is unique and therefore the level of crackle found may change with each candle. In addition, as the candle burn settles in, you may find the crackling level increase as the flame draws nearer to the pool of melted wax. The temperature at the base of the candle flame reaches a level high enough to cause the chemicals present to reach their flashpoints and thus an audible crackle may be present.
- Question: How do I increase the level of crackle in my candle product?
Answer: Testing different wax, fragrance and colors with lower flashpoints may help. Another way is to increase the moisture content in your wick by spritzing it with water and sealing it in a zip lock bag long enough to allow the complete absorption of the moisture into the wood.
- Question: My wick keeps going out. What do I do?
Answer: There are many reasons why a wick will not stay lit. The following factors may cause a wooden wick to self - extinguish.
1. Too small of a wick for the candle diameter causing tunneling (a funnel like appearance of your wax pool)
2. Clogged wick (too many additives for the size wick causing a natural clogging of the capillary activity needed to sustain a proper burn.
3. The wick is too far above the wax surface when the initial lighting is performed. (We recommend the wick protrude no farther than ¼ inch above the wax during the initial lighting of the candle.
1. Increase the size of the wick.
2. Use two wicks flat against each other.
3. Use a non crackle wick with a crackle wick to increase the burn.
4. Refer to the popular flat wick configurations illustration to determine what wick configuration will work best for your candle.